- Costa Rica(3)
- New Zealand(1)
- Republic of Korea (South Korea)(2)
- Russian Federation(3)
- South Africa(1)
- Sri Lanka(2)
- United Arab Emirates(1)
- United States of America(2)
Organic Trout Fish FarmingCanton of Aargau, Switzerland
Business OverviewThe Organic Trout Farm Flückiger is located in a small valley near a river and surrounded by a green forest in Uerkheim, canton of Aargau, Switzerland.
Rainbow and brown trout have been grown here for more than 50 years in an environment close to nature, chemical free and sustainable. They manage their entire farm without using chemical products and instead, applying EM Technology.
Trout at this farm live in a low density per pond (maximum of 20kg/m3) taht guarantees stress less, happy and healthy fish. Moreover, the fish is harvested at the minimum life span of 18 months that results in high quality and tastier meat.
They also care for their fish feed that is made from natural raw materials from controlled organic farms.
There are 9 ponds that are natural or made with natural soil and woods; they do not use any concrete material for their cultivation ponds.
Water pond comes from 3 own springs that originated in a natural stream.
The farm Flückiger is Bio-Knospe organic certified (under the Bio Suisse guideline) since 2003 and granted with the award of “Best of Agriculture” by the canton of Aargau in 2013.
EM ApplicationAt the beginning, in 2003, they started to use EM ceramics pipes in the cultivation ponds. They put the ceramics pipes in the water well and ponds. They were impressed because the water looked clearer after 2 or 3 days.
They also apply Activated EM･1 into the water ponds 1 to 2 times a week using approximately 15 to 20L per application.
Their plants, herbs, fruits and flowers surrounding the ponds are also grown using EM Technology. Jam and syrups made from spices grown in their garden are also sell in their shop.
Effects and Results- Trout grow bigger and healthier after introducing EM Technology even during difficult seasons.
- Water quality improved in oxygen, pH and ammonia levels.
- All healthy little fish hatched from eggs and they have minimal loss.
- The farm became Bio-Knospe organic certified one year after introducing EM Technology.
- They are happy that they have a good sell at the market due to their organic and high quality product.
- They are also EM resellers and provide with guidance and workshop to the neighboring residents.
- The farm Flückiger also provides with visit tours to see the cultivation process and the sourrounding wonderful garden.
For further information, please contact our partner in Switzerland:
EM Schweiz AG
Arnisägestrasse 43, CH-3508 Arni, Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)31-701-1212